Friday, September 2, 2011

You Sacrifice It All For Them: Even Your Toothbrush

I should've known that toothpaste streaked all over the clean mirror, smeared on the clean sink and trailing stickily down the glass shower doors wasn't the only evilness being committed to my bathroom during bedtime.

Come to find out, that's probably the least of my issues with bedtime and teeth brushing routines now that I know the real story.

Let me just say that if you ever notice that your tooth brush is wet and it's been hours since you brushed your teeth last and if you notice that there's a taste of juvenile toothpaste on your toothbrush and you normally use a more mature minty toothpaste, consider yourself fairly warned.

Because then if you randomly notice one of the children that live in your house, actually using your toothbrush like it's the normal thing to do, don't be shocked or surprised or devastated when you ask the said child who has violated your toothbrush WHY on God's green earth they would be compelled to use YOUR toothbrush when this is America and there's enough toothbrushes for everyone to have their very own toothbrush, you hear this sensible reasoning:

"I couldn't find my toothbrush so I decided to use yours."

I gave my body (including the precious enamel on my teeth) to nourish and carry and birth her and now she takes my toothbrush.

What next?

1 comment:

  1. Just found your new blog. And like it. And think it's a good move and love what you said in your introductory post and and...ya. Still working on the guilt free part of life here.... And ya, I blog for the reasons of keeping a log of what's going on with me and mine in this crazy life we live. And the longer I blog the more I find it worth it. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete